Monday, April 20, 2009

In Defense of Crybabies - Well Blog - NYTimes.com

I often find myself tearing up over unexpected things. Recently, I cried watching the amazing performance by sweet Susan Boyle, the 47-year-old singer who wowed both judges and audience on "Britain's Got Talent." Even talking about Christian the lion makes me cry, as does Matt Harding's now-famous happy dance around the world. My latest public display of emotion was this weekend, watching the Hannah Montana movie with my daughter. I felt ridiculous crying during a scene where Miley Cyrus sings with her father.

So I was pleased to see my favorite mental health site PsychCentral.com defend public crybabies like myself. Blogger Erika Krull writes of her own surprise crying jag during a day-long training session with her colleagues. The tears came while watching a nostalgic video of older people in the hospital.

More ...

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/15/in-defense-of-crybabies/