Tuesday, March 29, 2011

GlassHospital

This blog is created and hosted by John Henning Schumann.

I am a general internist and medical educator at the University of Chicago.

I work as a primary care doctor for adults on the south side of Chicago, and I train residents and medical students in both Internal Medicine and Medical Ethics. I have served in medical center administration working to improve patients' experiences at hospitals in Boston and Chicago. I serve as faculty co-chair of the university's human rights program.

The goals of GlassHospital are as follows:

1. To provide transparency on the workings of medical practice and the complexities of hospital care.

2. To illuminate the emotional and cognitive aspects of caregiving and decision-making from the perspective of an active primary care physician.

3. To demystify medicine.

http://glasshospital.com/