Sunday, July 12, 2009

Medicine : Adventures in Ethics and Science

This is the blog where I muse on responsible conduct of scientific research, communication between scientists and non-scientists about the issues that matter to both camps, and teaching science and ethics. It may seem like most of the discussion is about irresponsible conduct, miscommunication, and teaching that doesn't get the job done. I criticize because I know we can do better.

My opinions about these issues are informed by my training as a philosopher of science, but even more by my training as a scientist. (I earned a Ph.D. in physical chemistry, but I've also worked in labs with biomedical emphases.) You know, the crucible of graduate school, yadda yadda. It goes without saying that the opinions I express here are not necessarily those of ScienceBlogs or of San Jose State University.

http://scienceblogs.com/ethicsandscience/medicine/