ConsumerMedSafety.org is provided to you by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP). This unique website is designed to help you, the consumer, avoid mistakes when taking medicines. Preventing medication errors is a huge responsibility that doctors, pharmacists, and nurses take seriously. But you, too, can play a vital role in preventing dangerous errors, and ConsumerMedSafety.org is exactly what you need to protect yourself and your loved ones!
The majority of the material provided on our website, is original, written by the ISMP staff. Content is developed from
• Reports submitted to the Medication Error Reporting Program (MERP) by practitioners and consumers with research by our editorial staff to confirm and validate.
• Shared work from our newsletter publications, including the ISMP Medication Safety Alert! For acute care hospitals, a consumer newsletter, a community pharmacy/medicine newsletter and a nursing newsletter.
Together the readership exceeds 2 million. More information about our publication can be seen at: http://www.ismp.org/Newsletters/default.asp
• Independent articles developed, produced and edited entirely for consumermedsafety by ISMP staff.
• Some information, as noted on the website, is shared with us by the US Food and Drug Administration.
• Occasionally, consumermedsafety will make mention of an article from which the topic is derived. In all cases we include the source material.