• Collect and analyze reports of medication-related hazardous conditions, near-misses, errors, and other adverse drug events.
• Disseminate timely medication safety information, risk-reduction tools, and error-prevention strategies.
• Educate the healthcare community and consumers about safe medication practices.
• Collaborate with other patient safety organizations, educational institutions, governmental agencies and other healthcare stakeholders.
• Advocate the adoption of safe medication standards by accrediting bodies, manufacturers, policy makers, regulatory agencies, and standards-setting organizations.
• Conduct research to provide evidence-based safe medication practices.